Recently, I have been wanting to make my life a little easier. One of the ways I have been doing this is by planning my meals ahead of time. Sometimes I cook and freeze a bunch of meals on Sunday. And other times, I put my meal plan on the refrigerator. Either way, it saves me time thinking about what to cook for dinner. Allowing me to focus my energy on other tasks.
I wanted to share my favorite recipes to inspire you to simplify your life by planning and/or cooking ahead. Here is a list of my goto recipes for a quick meal.
This is my go-to for breakfast because it’s so simple. You mix all the ingredients, pop it in the oven, and wait. May cook this on a Sunday and eat it until Tuesday or Wednesday. This recipes normally lasts me (one person) about 3-4 days. Baked Oatmeal is so tasty and delicious. It is healthy and filling as well. Click here for the recipe
Arroz Con Atun
This is a recipe I have started using since I moved to Costa Rica. It is a one pot deal. Quick and easy. Less than 15 minutes depending on how long the rice takes to cook. Unfortunately, all the recipes I found online are in Spanish and none where exactly how I make it. This recipe makes enough for dinner and lunch for me. I eat this with potato chips. You can always double the recipe for more people or more meals. (This recipe may be a little hard for people in the US to make as two of the ingredients may not be available)
- 1 can of tuna with vegetables
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1-2 cups of frozen vegetables
- 1 small package of Maggi Chicken Seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons of Ketchup
- Add rice, oil, and salt to a rice cooker (can be done on the stove according to directions on package). While the rice is cooking heat frozen vegetables in a pan or microwave.
- Once the rice is cooked, add tuna, vegetables, ketchup, and seasoning. Mix until well combined. (You can add more ketchup on top if you want for extra flavor)
- Serve with potato chips or toast.
One Pot Chicken, Rice, and Broccoli
A simple and easy recipe. I love it because it’s healthy. It does take an hour or so to cook. With that said, I think that it could be an option for the slow cooker (not tested). There isn’t much mess to clean up because it is all in one pot. It is useful to have leftovers for lunch the next day. I haven’t tried freezing it, so I am not sure if freezing is an option. Click for recipe here.
Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
This recipe is super easy. You make them ahead of time, put them in the microwave, and eat. It is better than the store bought ones because you have control over the type of ingredients you use. You can use bacon, ham, or both. If your vegetarian, you can add vegan meat, or veggies to your sandwich. IT’S COMPLETELY CUSTOM! Click here for the recipe.
Cold Pasta Salad with Tuna
This is a recipe I make when I am short on time and I have nothing planned. It’s simple, easy, quick, and tasty. I normally eat this with potato chips. This recipe lasts me for lunch and dinner.
- 1 small can of tuna
- ½ bag of pasta shells or macaroni
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 small carrot shredded or diced (optional)
- 1 cup of mayo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Cut onion, cucumber, and carrots while the pasta is cooking. Once pasta is ready, wash with cold water.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix. Put into the fridge for 15 or more minutes to chill.
- Serve with potato chips and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy these recipes. Leave a comment below with your favorite recipe. I would LOVE to hear what your go to dishes are!!